Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Chuck Close Self-Portrait






















Artist Statement:
In Art II, our next project that we were working on in class focuses on a chuck close self-portrait project in which we use symbols around our portaits that represents us and our identity. What I did first for this project was creating a grid on both my photo that I'm using with a poster I'm going to work on for this process. After that, I get the basic outline of where everything goes (contour drawing). Once that was done, I start using the symbols that represents me in many ways. What most of these symbols visually tell to other audiences describes how unique I am in my own way and things that make up who I am now that influenced me. Finally, I stat shading in all the things that I needed to be shaded to the value it needs to be. Overall, I am sort of happy with my work except my symbols. I think that it needs to be worked ona little bit more. The whole reason why I created this piece was to actually figure out if I know myself well enough to actually identify my identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment