Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Marking Period 4 Free Choice


















Artist statement: In Art II, we have decided to create another free choice for the last marking period. For this project, the main idea I wanted to work with involves a theme that describes more of wishful-thinking and dream. I wanted to show something that relates to love and hope. In order to create this project, I decided to use various of materials that I haven't really thought about using to challenge myself in my craftsmanship and use of colors. The media I worked with were watercolor paint, pencil, paint, and oil pastel. Creating this piece was not an easy task. In the beginning, I didn't really know what project I wanted to do and was struggling for the perfect idea. Out the blue, I decided to create something that involves with fairies and nature. With that, I began creating this piece. The easiest part for me for this artwork, personally, were the facial structures and fixing my problems as I go along with my work. Overall, I believe that this painting is really unique in it's own sort of way. Although it didn't seem much of my best piece, being able to try something new and working with a collage of different materials was one of the things that helped me provide more use towards my artwork in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment