Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Watercolor Painting Portrait

Artist Statement:
In Art II, we have begun creating an artwork that is inspired through Alice Neel's paintings. Using her ideas of the use of watercoloring and theme, we created a painting that represents our insecurities within ourselves. Few of my insecurities that I wanted to reflect on towards my creation revolves around depression and loneliness. In order to make it reflect more for the audience to understand the painting, I made the model sit behind the wall, looking away from the audience with a depressing look on her face, while holding her legs and arms together, feet inwards. Using watercolor as my medium, I used various of cool and dark colors to help show more of an insecure and depressing look. Overall, I am sort of happy with my artwork despite the mistakes I have made along with my model's body proportion.

No comments:

Post a Comment