Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Non-objective painting

Artist Statement: 
In Art II, our next project we did involved with non-objective artwork. For this project, I decided to use acrylic paint as my medium and a mat board as my surface to create a splatter paint artwork. While doing this, we had to use a specific color that defines our self from our personality. From what we had done, we used a personality quiz to figure out what color describes us. The outcome for my personality quiz was blue, which describes me as a loyal, reliable, kind, and trustworthy person. Using that as my main focal point of this painting, I used as much colors as I can that involves with blue, however, I also used some other colors that will help bring out the blue to grab the audience's attention from the painting. Although blue is mostly my personality color in this painting, I'm also a white as well as I show peace, self-sufficient, and neat. Overall, I believe that although it was my first time doing something out of the ordinary (and messy), I enjoyed creating something like this that shows an overflowing emotion towards the painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment