Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Metamorphosis project

Artist Statement:
In Art II, our next project is a metamorphosis project. For this project, the images I used to create this piece was an image of a lily and a dove. I decided to draw a lily personally because it was one of my favorite flowers that represents a sweet, calm, and independent side of myself while for a dove represents the love, freedom, and knowledge I've attained throughout my years. The process I made to create my metamorphosis in book form was starting of with a contour drawing of the images. I then follow it up with the shading  to make it look realistic, doing the process over and over again to each box while slowly making it look abstract and into a dove. Because of the petals from the lily, it was an easier way to form it out as the wings and body structure of the dove. The technical strength on this artwork overall was my accuracy in outlining the images onto the paper. As for my conceptual strength, it was figuring out which image works better with one and another. The only problem I had with this project was being able to shade in everything nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment