Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Pop Art

Artist Statement: In Art II, we created an artwork that emerged during the mid 1950s known as pop art. In this assignment, we are required to create the aspects of pop art that reflects who and what we are. Considering that I'm so use to drawing characters of my own, I decided to try working on a comic that's usually popular around then. Using a clean mat board, I decided to sketch out the basic outlines of where things needs to be on it. After doing so, I then begin to color them with simple and contrasting colors, using acrylic paint as my material. In order to see the outline that I've made, I used a black acrylic paint to thicken them. Soon after, I began making pixels in my artwork by putting small pinkish dots. With both the colors and pose/expression being used, it symbolizes my soothing side after all the emotions that I tend to take in.

No comments:

Post a Comment