Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Newspaper Expressionism

Artist Statement: In Art II, our class is creating a new project that involves with expressionism. Using a newspaper as one of our main media, I decided to create a reflecting message that involves speaking out to the world and protesting in what we believe is wrong. As I lay my newspaper down, I gesso one side that I'm not using in a couple of layers. After it has finished drying, I used the other side that I am going to use and paint most of them black, leaving a photo and some words still seen-able. Soon after, I decided to use some paint and soft pastels to brighten and show the main focal point of the piece. In doing so, I als added in a few worlds with both paint and charcoal to represent my piece a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment